Welcome to the 6th Grade Band Website!
The 6th Grade Band is under the direction of Mr. Dante Marmo.
Rules for Success:
- Be Prepared - Instrument, music, pencil, and a positive attitude
- Be kind and treat everyone with respect
- Practice regularly
- Take care of your instrument and the band room
- Bandmate Chromatic Tuner is a tuner for your smartphone. This is a simple yet effective app for building confidence in any student that is learning new notes. Once you select your instrument from a drop-down menu, Bandmate will display the pitches that it hears on your instrument’s staff.
- Metronome - A metronome and tuner have obvious benefits to music students and professionals alike. Instead of carrying around a tuner/metronome it can be very helpful to have an app right on your phone or tablet. In most cases, students usually have their phones handy, so why not have helpful apps easily accessible to them for use during rehearsals, lessons, or for practicing at home?
Any metronome app will do, but one that I recommend is called Pro Metronome http://eumlab.com/pro-metronome/. It’s free and is offered for iOS devices, Android devices, and Google Play.
Band Music Recordings:
Students, please grab your music and follow along as you listen to the music for our spring concert.
- "Plaza De Toro" - Click here to listen
- "Star Wars" - Click here to listen
- "Over the Rainbow" - Click here to listen
- "Ovation" - Click here to listen
- "Rushing Dragons" - Comming soon!
Thank you very much for your continued support of the arts in the Bloomsburg Area School District! We appreciate your support!
Sincerely,Dante MarmoBand DirectorBloomsburg High School1200 Railroad StreetBloomsburg, PA 17815570-784-6100 Ext. 6316